Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 6: Creating Panoramics

This week was exciting. We had to create panoramic photos from 3 images, fit them precisely into place, blend their backgrounds so you couldn't see the joins and match the tonality of the three images so it looked like one photo.

This is my first attempt...pretty dodgy really!

This is my second attempt...much better :)

I found it very difficult with the beach scene for several reasons. By the time I took the 3 photos - the clouds and waves had moved so aligning the 3 images was hard for me. With more experience and knowledge of tools, I would get a better result. The other thing about the beach scene was matching the tonality. Because the colour of the sky and water differs in every shot (due to light) I couldn't match the tonality of the sky AND the water at the same time.

The view from my deck was easier to line up and match the tonality :)

No comments:

Post a Comment